Cake is one of the most irresistible snacks. The one snack that can satisfy your cravings for something sweet, exactly the way you want it. It’s something you can snack on at any time, hungry or not.
Getting a cake at your nearest bakery is great. But why not try baking one at home, by just using a jiko?
Here is how to bake a soft, sweet-smelling cake using a jiko.
A small fact about sugar before we continue, sugar isn’t just for a little bit of sweetness – it binds the water in your bake to keep everything together!
Ingredients Needed to Bake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 50g of sugar
- 50g margarine
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Steps to Make a Jiko Baked Cake
- Mix margarine and sugar with a whisk or fork till the sugar is mixed and disappeared.
- Add the two eggs and stir thoroughly until it brings out a fine mixture.
- Add flour, then baking soda, and mix.
- Then add milk, stir until it forms a smooth, sticky, thick mixture.
- Oil a sufuria with melted margarine then pour the mixture in it.
- Take a larger sufuria and put on the jiko. Get a flat stone and put in the larger sufuria for the smaller sufuria (one with the mixture) to sit on.
- Cover well with a lid and put some burning charcoal on top of the lid.
- Let it cook for 45 mins.
- Use a knife to check if the cake is ready. Pierce the knife through the cake, If it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Let it cool then serve it.
Let’s Bake It!